[Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] Re: February 2005 release

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] Re: February 2005 release
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:16:32 -0600

On Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:23 PM Gilbert Baumslag wrote:

> I looked in all three sites for the February release, but
> it appears nowhere to my relatively unpracticed eye. Is
> this release really where advertized below?
>
> Gilbert
>
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:23:33 -0500
>   root <address@hidden> wrote:
> >The February 2005 release of Axiom has been posted to:
> >
> >  savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom
> >  sourceforge.net/projects/axiom
> >  arch.axiom-developer.org as axiom--main--1--patch-29

I am not sure what you were expecting to find.

All of these references are to the software archives used to
build Axiom from source. The first two (savannah and sourceforge)
are CVS archives. To find the new source programs just follow
the CVS links. To use THE CVS archive you need the `cvs' program
on your computer and the other compiler tools to build Axiom.

The last reference is to the `arch' source code archive. To
access it you need the `tla' program installed on your computer.
Details on how to access this archive are here:

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/ArchUsage

Tim said that binary (i.e. directly installable versions) of this
new release will be available a little later.

forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden