[Axiom-developer] RE: fixed point algebra

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: fixed point algebra
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:37:42 -0500

Tim,

What exactly do you mean by "the fixed-point algebra"?

See my reply to you of Tuesday, February 1 below.

I am back home in Canada after a busy week. There was a LOT
of interest in Axiom and MathAction in Mexico. I gave several
detailed presentations at both Cautitlan and at the main campus
of UNAM in Mexico City. There was a very positive response and
as a result it is a good possibility that Axiom might be
"officially recommended" by the university as an alternative
to Mathematica and Maple. They are also considering the use
of MathAction as a model to support online student access to
tutorials and mathematical tools.

One of my hosts while in Mexico, Jesus Cruz, has direct
resposiblity for establishing policies on the use of symbolic
mathematics for the whole of UNAM. He is a mathematical
theoretical physicist by training by now the Vice-director
of the Cautitlan campus. If travel funds are available it
might be a good strategy to invite him to the Axiom meeting in
April.