[Axiom-developer] Axiom on FreeBSD

From: Justin Smith
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:28:35 -0500

Is it possible to build this system on FreeBSD?

My system has the awk and patch commands, but typing make
results in the message

13 making noweb
mkdir: /obj: Permission denied
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/jsmith/axiom.

It looks as though it is trying to install stuff in the root directory.

Interestingly, I have noweb installed on my system. Is there any easy
way to tell axiom to just use it and not try to build it?

Thank you!

--
Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows              | Mathematics Department