Re: [Axiom-developer] Idea for mathaction updates

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Idea for mathaction updates
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:01:22 +0100

Pierre Doucy writes:
 > What about a read-only mathaction-updates mailing-list ? That would
 > make the actual developer conversations more readable and less
 > noised...

My reason for promoting the current mode of forwarding changes from MathAction
to axiom-developer was twofold:

* promoting MathAction

* unifying the places where things happen.

I think that with changing AxiomInterface to SandBox a lot of noise has gone, a
further lot will go away when there is a preview button also for IssueTracker.

I believe that a separate mailing list for MathAction -- or, equivalently,
returning to the old status, where you had to subscribe MathAction -- is not
such a good idea: "actual" developer conversation currently are stimulated by
bugs posted to IssueTracker and also by modifications as recently done on the
ProgrammingAxiom. (I did not yet respond, since my time is currently very
limited due to baby and research...)

I think it is absolutely necessary that bugs are forwarded to
axiom-developer. And, looking at the recent lot of posts, these make the big
lot.

Some more thoughts: I'm absolutely certain that noise will reduce as time goes
by and, of course we shoul keep our eyes open for simple ways to reduce noise.
I would suggest that we at least wait until the preview button on IssueTracker
exists. Finally, it is quite clear that usage of MathAction did increase quite
a bit recently!

Martin