[Axiom-developer] [#110 Domain Variable() and Symbol] improvements in fo

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#110 Domain Variable() and Symbol] improvements in formatting of MathAction output
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:08:10 -0600

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/110DomainVariableAndSymbol/diff
--

??changed:
-In IssueTracker #99, I made some incorrect comments on how the Interpreter
treats coercion between elements of the two domains
<code>Variable(x:Symbol)</code> and 'Symbol'. This new page consists of
experiments to find out more, in regard to both the Interpreter and the
Compiler. Note that the domain constructor <code>Variable(x:Symbol)</code>
contains a unique element with output representation 'x' which may be coerced
to the symbol 'x'. The domain 'Symbol' consists of all symbols (I know this
does not say anything, but I won't dare to say it consists of all undeclared
identifiers or all variables).  The following should have <code>)set mess bot
on</code>, but MathAction does not process this well.
In IssueTracker #99, I made some incorrect comments on how the Interpreter
treats coercion between elements of the two domains
<code>Variable(x:Symbol)</code> and 'Symbol'. This new page consists of
experiments to find out more, in regard to both the Interpreter and the
Compiler. Note that the domain constructor <code>Variable(x:Symbol)</code>
contains a unique element with output representation 'x' which may be coerced
to the symbol 'x'. The domain 'Symbol' consists of all symbols (I know this
does not say anything, but I won't dare to say it consists of all undeclared
identifiers or all variables).

??changed:
---)set mess bot on
)set output tex off
)set output algebra on
)set mess bot on

--removed:
-

??changed:
---)set mess bot off
)set mess bot off

--removed:
-

??changed:
-      y:Symbol:= y
      y:Symbol

??changed:
-For some unknown reasons, replacing <code>y:Symbol:=y</code> by
<code>y:Symbol</code>, which still compiles, causes MathAction not to display
correctly. MathAction should display correctly up to the place of error, but it
doesn't. Also, the next result, which produces the error below in Windows
version, is not displayed.
-
-\begin{axiom}
-symVar8()
-\end{axiom}
Computing the next result, which produces the error below in Windows version,
is not displayed properly by MathAction because the system error causes Axiom
to return an error condition.
<pre>
  symVar8()
</pre>