[Axiom-developer] RE: latexwiki update

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: latexwiki update
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:46:26 -0500

Bob,

On Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:57 PM I wrote:
>>    http://zwiki.org/HowToUseTheStandardSkinInPlone
>>

> Unfortunately that page and several other things on the
> zwiki.org site (even issuetracker) seems to be broken right
> now :( IOError ): So I can't review exactly what I did.

Ok, ZWiki is back.

The change is quite simple. It amounts to only changing the
priority of the portal_skins/standard in a new "skin" called
Zwiki. I think that all this means is that it gets searched
first when Plone goes looking for stylesheets.

> Maybe something in the ZWiki "standard" skins have to refer to
> latexwiki.css?

Yes! All I had to do was to cusomize portal_skins/wikipage_macros
and add the line

 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="latexwiki.css" />

to define-macro="head".

Now the LaTeX generated image of a character and the corresponding
HTML character align properly.

But this is still a problem:

> Another weird thing that you might also have already noticed
> is that images that are inlined via $...$ do not seem to be
> transparent but \begin{equation} ... \end{equation} are
> transparent. This seems to be a problem both on the plainwiki
> as well as under plone.

I will take a look at the new LatexWiki code to see if I
can see why this happens.