[Axiom-developer] [#138 asin(complex(1.0,0.0))]

From: unknown
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#138 asin(complex(1.0,0.0))]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:11:51 -0600

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/138AsinComplex1000/diff
--
OK, then what we want is something like:

       asin x == - %i * log( %i * x + sqrt(1 - x*x))

but this does not appear to be used when put into trigcat.spad.pamphlet and
recompiling.  Perhaps someone could explain?

Secondly, perhaps ist is of use to bring forward GMP/mpfr optimized
multi-precision floating point in GCL for use by axiom here?

I understand the multi-precision argument, but is there a difference between a
'generic imlementation' and the lisp one where the category of the domain
coincides precisely with the lisp type?

Lastly, do we have to use this difficult interface as opposed to the developer
email list?

take care,
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden