[Axiom-developer] Re: AxiomDownload

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: AxiomDownload
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 21:51:32 -0500

Tim,

The links like

http:Mirror?go=http://...

are intended to lead to a page on MathAction called Mirror.
That page contains a solicitation to people who download
something to contribute something in return and then let
them pass with one more click to complete the download.
When I implemented this last week it seemed to be working
fine for me using both the FireFox and Microsoft explorer
browsers on Windows and FireFox on linux.

I have no idea what "bigMirrors.com" is but this may be
happening because of a limitation of the browser that you
are using. What browser are you using??

A link like "http:Mirror" is supposed to be relative to the
page on which it is located, so it should be interpreted as
a page on the same server, ie. MathAction. But I do vaguely
recall that some old browser versions did not do this
correctly.

I have reverted the links to refer to the MathAction Mirror
page again, but this time I wrote out the full absolute url
so it should work no matter what  version of browser you
are using.

Let me know if this still is not working for you.

BTW: Thanks for your work on the April release!

Cheers,
Bill Page.

root wrote:

Bill, on http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload
The page links used to read something like:

http:Mirror?go=http://.......

When you clicked on those links you ended up going to "BigMirrors.com".
I changed these links. But I suspect I might have broken something thru a lack of understanding.
In any case, I thought I'd mention it.