Re: [Axiom-developer] help with Aldor categories, graphs and finite grap

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] help with Aldor categories, graphs and finite graphs.
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:52:30 -0400

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 11:52 -0400, Peter Broadbery wrote:

> In the second version, you haven't told the compiler where it can
> find the definition of `GraphCategory', so you get an error.
>
> In order to get the library included, you need to put
>
> #library "graphcat.ao" GRAPHCAT;
> import from GRAPHCAT;
> inline from GRAPHCAT;

Great. I added:

#library GRAPHCAT "GRAPHCAT.ao";
import from GRAPHCAT;
inline from GRAPHCAT;

and now it finds the category. I also had to change BasicType to
Type for reasons Steve Wilson described on Sun Sep 11 2005 9:53 AM:

> I looked at the code, and the only problem I see is that Record
> wont satisfy BasicType. IIRC, the primitive structured types in
> aldor do not export equality operations, let alone play into the
> standard category hierarchy,
>
> You could either write a custom Edge domain satisfying BasicType,
> else use a higher-level data type like List or PrimitiveArray.

However now in

http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/SandBoxCategoryOfGraphs

I get a different apparently more serious error:

  >> System error:
   AxiomXL file "GRAPHCAT" is missing!

This error occurs when trying to call new()$FiniteGraph(INT) in spite
of having already successfully defined g as a FiniteGraph.

Ideas? Is this a "system error" or just another "user error"?