Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package proposals and questions

From: Clifford Yapp
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package proposals and questions
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:27:49 -0400

Just a quick note - I sent my latest attempt at precise definitions of the
ideas we need to William.  At this point I think we should hash out our
definitions before we go too much further, since I'm starting to get tangled
up ;-).

Also - Tim, a question about Axiom in general - Do we have somewhere in Axiom
a thorough description on the mathematical principles it's based on?
(Groups, Rings, etc.?)  Do the pamphlet files cover all that?  I'm not sure
making Axiom into a huge self contained introduction and definition of all
mathematics is a workable or desirable goal, but it would be nice to define a
minimum education level needed to work with the system and recommend some
resources for various education levels to get them started.

Cheers,
CY