RE: [Axiom-developer] Terms of Surrender (was: BAD tim)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Terms of Surrender (was: BAD tim)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:54:48 -0500

On November 6, 2005 3:08 PM Tim asked:

> so we can look forward to bookvol11 (mathaction)? :-)

Yes. At least chapter 1 - the mathaction specific part,
within the next few days. Recently Clifford Yap asked if
it was possible to install MathAction stand alone on the
desktop. I think some decent documentation will make this
a little easier. Mostly this is just a matter of pulling
together things that are already written elsewhere.

Until recently I did not really think of mathaction as
necessarily very strongly linked to the future of Axiom.
As you know, it started out only as a kind of "quick"
experiment in response to the challenge of making Axiom
output appear on the web. But the idea has grown so that
I now feel like I can reasonably advocate this approach
as the first steps towards the implementation of your
ideas on Doyen and web publishing of Axiom research -
both of a mathematical nature and Axiom development.