RE: [Axiom-developer] Couple of quick questions while I'm thinking ofthe

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Couple of quick questions while I'm thinking ofthem
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:13:53 -0500

On November 7, 2005 10:49 AM C Y wrote:

> Dunno if these relate to Mathaction, the pamphlet structure, or
> what exactly so I'll just throw them out:

Yes, they do relate to how pamphlets are implemented on
MathAction.

> a)  I'm building a bibtex file that is specialized to the units
> and dimensions effort - how would this file be handled as
> 1) part of a MathAction rendering

On MathAction the bibtex file will have to be located in a place
where LaTeX will see it after weave is applied to the pamphlet.
This is similar to the problem of handling external 'ps' and
other graphic format files in the Axiom book pamphlets. To do
this it is necessary for me to setup what is in Zope terminology
is known as a LocalFile and make it part of the pamphlet folder
structure. I can help you to do this when you are ready to put
something on MathAction (soon I hope :).

> and 2) as part of the Axiom source tree if it makes it that far?

I think the answer is similar but simplier. It just needs to go
in a sub-directory of the directory where you decide you want to
keep the pamphlet file.

> Should it just be uploaded onto MathAction and the latex file
> will find it there, or is it a little more complicated?

Yes, and yes. :)

> b)  I'm using the hyperref package with a few tweaks to things
> like color settings to provide things like a clickable table of
> contents and active links to references - is this OK or is this
> something we don't want to do with pamphlet files?

hyperref works fine with pamphlet files on MathAction.

> I'm assuming we want a uniform look for pamphlet files so perhaps
> I could submit my proposed look for consideration?  Also, how will
> MathAction react to it?

Should be no problem. If there is, we will fix it so it works.

> I've been assuming the TeX distribution on the server is the full
> tetex, but perhaps I should check that assumption.

Yes it is a very recent tetex (actually pdtex) distribution.