RE: [Axiom-developer] reqeust

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] reqeust
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:13:12 -0500

On November 11, 2005 10:32 AM Tim Daly wrote:

> Bill Page wrote:
> > I am confused by your request. Glossing over whatever you might
> > mean by API, this is exactly what AxiomUI is intended to become.
> > All of what you say is possible using Javascript, SVG and
> > possibly MathML. Do you mean that this was not clear from our
> > discussions that began last June?
>
> possibly. i've been keeping the doyen problem in a separate space
> in my head so i guess i'm not making all of the connections. i'll
> review kai's work more closely.

I know very well about having separate spaces in my head. :)

Tim, please don't let the apparent "bad temper" of my recent emails
prevent you from asking about this work. (The same applies of course
to everyone else on this list.) I think Kai's work on AxiomUI is
very important to the future of Axiom, unfortunately since the close
of the Google Summer of Code project, Kai has apparently not had much
chance to continue work on this new user interface. We have quite a
lot of information and ideas captured in terms of our exchange of
emails - both on and off the axiom-developer list and I would like
to spend some time distilling it and organizing it on the wiki. If
you have questions about Kai's work, what was actually accomplished
and about the discussion and plans that lead up to it, then that
would help motivate me to do this. And also it might help to
encourage Kai to continue work, when he has time, of course.