[Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [A

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] [Axiom-mail] A newby question about eval and Expression
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:29:28 -0600

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomMail/diff
--
root wrote:

>Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomMail/diff
>--
>hmmm, perhaps eval is broken but
>eval(a78,x11,3) works

cut

>a77:=a7.quotient  ::Polynomial Fraction Integer;
>a78:=a7.remainder ::Polynomial Fraction Integer;
>

>qu1 :=eval(a77,x11,x1)
>m:=eval(a78,x11,x1)
>
>and THAT works. at least here.

>--
>forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden

Yes that works but it gives me an Expression thingy  - I don't know
anything about "Expression" What does "Expression" Meen?
But later on when I want to see a float output it won't let me becouse
it can't change an Expression ...  to a Float????
I don't know enough yet to no why.
So can I change an Expression  INT to a FLOAT?

All I am trying to do is factor a qubic into a first and second order poly.
It works if the coeff are nice integers but I want it for floats. So I
am doing it symbolicly and then trying to put in my numbers at the last.
I am doing this mainly to learn Axiom. I can get my numbers real easy in
Octave.

Doug

Doug Stewart

--