Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: article "standard" header/footer
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:13:11 +0100

On 28 Nov 2005 at 14:42, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Just one quick comment... there are several places where you use TeX
> syntax. I'd prefer to promote LaTeX (it's \newpage instead of \eject).
> In fact I don't like to see \eject at all.

This is incorrect. \eject is a valid LaTeX command, for all versions of LaTeX.
It is defined in lplain.tex (for LaTeX 2.09) and in latex.ltx (for LaTeX2e).
\newpage is different from \eject, it is not a substitute to it. So, if Tim uses
 \eject and it gives the result he wants, then he is correct.

> \begin{thebibliography}{99}
> \bibitem{1} nothing
> \end{thebibliography}
>
> It is old technology.

What do you mean by "old technology" ? These are also valid LaTeX commands,
in all versions of LaTeX

Best wishes,
Michel

address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden