[Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:04:30 -0500

Eitan,

On December 18, 2005 12:31 PM you wrote:

> I have much of the core work done to configure tex4ht to output
> ams/la/tex dialects for math.

Wonderful!

> I'm stuck with the jsmath tex side due to a lack of a testing
> environment, because I'm failing somewhere to correctly deal
> with the jsmath software requirements.
>
> Specifically,  when I point a firefox mozilla browser from a
> mac or ms pc to the sample files
>
>    http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/examples/welcome.html
>
> of the jsmath distribution I get (impressive) rendering of the
> content.  On the other hand, when I try my file
>
>     http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jstest.html
>
> I just get a display of the source `{a}^{b}' without redering for the
> visual effect.  My installed jsmath files can be reviwed at
>
>     http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/js.txt
>
> The jsamth examples use the code `jsMath.Process(document);'. The
> instructions ask for the code `jsMath.Process();'.  I tried both.
>
> I wonder whether I can get help resolving this problem.

When I try to access:

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jsMath/jsMath/jsMath.js

I get a 403:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~gurari/temp/jsMath/jsMath/jsMath.js
on this server.

-------

But if I try that same thing on the jsMath site, e.g.

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/examples/Henrici.html

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/jsMath/jsMath.js

I see the javascript code as expected.

Maybe you have a configuration problem on your server?
Do you have a suitable alias defined?