Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom conference funding?

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom conference funding?
Date: 19 Dec 2005 15:32:52 +0100

Well, it seems that it's time for me to admit that I was planning a small
workshop on such things at RISC, Linz, Austria, together with Ralf Hemmecke.

I did already contact Michael Joswig from Polymake and Nicolas Thiery / Florent
Hivert from MuPAD Combinat and they seemed to be interested. Bernhard
Gittenberger also signalled interest. Note that I would like to put emphasis on
the maths surrounding the packages, which means: I asked the (prospective)
speakers to explain a little what the field of research in which the package
might be used is about, and only in a second part speak about the package
itself.

I do not yet however have a date. We proposed May. There will be no funding,
which means, everybody would have to pay his bed and his tickets. No conference
fee either, though. If I don't get confirmation from Michael Joswig or Florent
Hivert until mid-January, there won't be a workshop, I suppose.

Personally I would not be able to come to Orleans, because I work in the wrong
institute and my Prof. surely won't allow me to go.

Martin