RE: [Axiom-developer] Local MathAction

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Local MathAction
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:55:49 -0500

Bob,

I guess it's time to ask you for some help... :)

As you can see below, I am trying to use the zope-2.8, python-2.4,
and the "darcs" versions of both ZWiki and LatexWiki.

I have been testing my LatexWiki installation procedure on
Debian as outlined below. All goes well (with modifications
of recipe inserted below) but when I get to the point of
wanting to create my first ZWiki of Type: (*) latexwiki, I
find that I do not have this option in the ZWiki Add form.

In spite of that, I do have the ...+Latex pagetypes when
I try to edit a page. It seems as if something in the product
initialization has failed, but I do not see any error messages
when I have 'debug-mode on' and use 'runzope'.

Can you give me some ideas about what to try?

On Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:30 PM I wrote:
> All of this is made quite easy on Debian (use Debian version
> Sarge/testing to get the newest versions):
>
> See: http://zwiki.org/InstallingOnDebian
>
> Using apt-get, e.g.

I needed to make a few additions to the script below.

>    $ apt-get install zope2.8

     $ cd /usr/lib/zope2.8/bin

>    $ mkzope2.8instance

        Directory: /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1 (for example)

>       Username: (an initial manager username
>       Password:  and password)

>    edit /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1/etc/zope.conf
>       uncomment debug-mode and set it off, for better performance
>       make note of the http port number (9673) or change it

        I think this edit step is no longer needed.

>    $ /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1/bin/zopectl start
>
> At this point you should be able to use a web browser to locally
> access the Zope Management Interface (ZMI):
>
> http://localhost:9673/manage
>
> (enter manager username and password).
>
> Refer to the Zope documentation:
>
> http://www.zope.org
>
> for more information about using ZMI.
>
> Now get the newest version of ZWiki:
>
>    $ apt-get install darcs
>    $ cd /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1/Products
>    $ darcs get http://zwiki.org/repos/ZWiki

     $ ../bin/zopectl restart

> In ZMI you should be able to add a plain ZWiki web site:
>
> 1) choose "ZWiki" in the select list (upper left corner of page)
>    and click "Add",
> 2) choose and Id and Title (e.g. plainwiki),
> 3) click "Create Wiki"
>
> This should allow you to create and edit vanilla wiki pages.
>
> http://localhost:9673/plainwiki
>
> Verify that this works!
> ------

Yes this works fine.

> Now it gets a little harder. :)
>
> The second goal should be to add the LatexWiki extensions. This
> is described quite well at Bob McElrath's web site:
>
> http://mcelrath.org/Notes/LatexWiki
>
> See
>
> http://mcelrath.org/Notes/INSTALL
>
> Notice especially the requirements for the installation of
> related packages. Again Debian makes this quite easy:

    apt-get install tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra gs \
      python2.4-imaging

    cd /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1/bin
    edit runzope and zopectl to use python2.4

> To install LatexWiki itself try this:
>
>      cd /home/LatexW
>      darcs get http://bob.mcelrath.org/darcs/latexwiki
>      cd /var/lib/zope2.8/instance/zope1/Products
>      cp -r /home/LatexW/latexwiki/LatexWiki .
>      cp -r /home/LatexW/latexwiki/ZWiki .

       We also need to install the LocalFS product:

       wget
http://www.easyleading.org/Downloads/LocalFS-1.7rc1-andreas.tar.gz
       tar xzvf LocalFS-1.7rc1-andreas.tar.gz

       ../bin/zopectl restart

> Since Bob is no longer maintaining an LatexWiki in sync with the
> latest version of ZWiki, you might experience some problems getting
> LatexWiki to work properly with the current version of ZWiki. If
> you get to this stage, I am willing to try to help and if we get
> stuck again then we can probably bug Bob McElrath for more help.
>
> At this point you should be able to add a ZWiki of Type:
>
>   (*) LatexWiki
>
> 1) choose "ZWiki" in the select list (upper left corner of page)
>    and click "Add",
> 2) choose and Id and Title (e.g. latexwiki)
> 3) click the Type (*) latexwiki, and then
> 4) click "Create Wiki"

This is where the procedure fails since I do not have the
option to check Type: (*) latexwiki.