[Axiom-developer] Re: French translation

From: JC Helary
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: French translation
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:18:00 +0900

Can I consider that David and Frederic are both on axiom-dev ?

Regarding translation of Axiom, you should coordinate with Frédéric
Lehobey. In fact, Frédéric is looking at a way to translate the Axiom
book, which is a bit different (and more ambitious!) than the
translation of Axiom user interface. You should definitely discuss
with him.

Actually that was the first part of Tim's proposal, I then asked about the UI, which is the reason why I mentioned it.

If there are ways to round-trip Latex to some xml format
Not of I could think of. But I don't know all the latex world.

If you want a quick introduction to LaTeX, I would advise you to read
this small book (128 p.):

Haha :) Well, one thing I found, after taking a look at the source, is that there are actually only a small number of translatable segments _within_ Latex code. Pretty much all of the text is in distinct paragraphs that are not preceeded or folowed by code. So I just need to figure out a way to deal with the "embedded" part.

  LaTeX pour l'impatient
  http://www.h-k.fr/publications/technique_et_pratique.html#LPI

Thanks for the reference, I'll take a look at it.

It is Latex too ? TexInfo ?

It Latex syntax but the macro used are not standard LaTeX ones
(\spadpaste, \autobuttons, \beginscroll, ...).

I have not checked the file's contents but I will later this week.

Jean-Christophe