RE: [Axiom-developer] B#

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] B#
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:14:12 -0800 (PST)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> Or (in the best of all possible worlds :):
>
>   b-natural -- single-type langauge
>     Aldor compiler -- defines the algebra language and types
>        common lisp -- a parenthesized common lisp which is untyped
>
> If we get rid of SPAD and the old Axiom interpreter then BOOT
> becomes irrelevant. But Common Lisp as the base of this "stack"
> still makes good sense to me.

Agreed!

Alright, it's now imperative - we MUST free Aldor somehow!  If it can
resolve/remove the old BOOT vs. Lisp code debate, clearly there is
nothing it can't do!

> > Note that Bill and I disagree about boot's future.
>
> True.

Although it sounds like given the availability of both Aldor and
B-natural the argument becomes moot?

Break out the B-natural papers!

Has anybody heard anything new from the Aldor front?  Dr. Watt?  Would
it help to send the petition to NAG?

Cheers,
CY