[Axiom-developer] #196 ')set functions compile on' and lastest axiom

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: [Axiom-developer] #196 ')set functions compile on' and lastest axiom
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:00:50 +0200

Hi Ralf,

I know that you have recently compiled Axiom and i want to know if you
can execute these commands in an Axiom interpreter and give me the
output. I'm working on issue #196 ( )set functions compile on )

-- beware axiom can crash
)set func comp off
f(xl: LIST FRAC INT): LIST FRAC INT == map(x +-> x, xl)
f([1,2,3])
f([1,2,3])

In my version of Axiom (the last i think) these commands
return:

1) -> )set func comp off
(1) -> f(xl: LIST FRAC INT): LIST FRAC INT == map(x +-> x, xl)
   Function declaration f : List Fraction Integer -> List Fraction
Integer has been added to workspace.

Type: Void
(2) -> f([1,2,3])
   Compiling function f with type List Fraction Integer -> List Fraction
Integer

   >> System error:
   The function |*1;f;1;initial| is undefined.

The command (1) segfaults on old versions of Axiom and returns nothing
on mine.

Thanks

Cheers,

Greg