Re: [Axiom-developer] Developing domain

From: Antoine Hersen
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Developing domain
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:09:00 -0800

Hello

> > Is there a nice iterative process to develop domain, I am
> > getting tired of quiting axiom deleting the directories and
> > restarting axiom.
>
> ???
>
> I use just:
>
>   while unhappy repeat
>     )sys vi file.spad
>     ... code ...
>     )co file.spad
>     ... test ...

vi !!!! (just kidding)

> Or increasingly these days I just use the Axiom Wiki SandBox.
>
> [SandBox My Test]
>
>   Some explanations etc.
>   \begin{spad}
>    ... code ...
>   \end{spad}
>
>   \begin{axiom}
>   ... test ...
>   end{axiom}
>
>   Preview/Save
>
> Or are you one of those people that has an Axiom installation
> that does not properly cleanup the NRLIB directories? This does
> not happen on any of my Axiom systems (3 different flavours of
> Linux plus Windows). If so, any more documentation you can
> provide about this would be appreciated.

Debian Stable, with the last arch version of axiom hand compiled,
anything I can do to give more useful info ?

> > And is there a way to get axiom to execute some script as
> > an argument ?
> >
> > "axiom < some_files" does not work for me.
> >

> Try
>
>       AXIOMsys < some_file
It works but quit as soon as it is done, I guess AXIOMsys is coded in
C and I could fix that myself

> > Also do someone know the intedent of the operator package
> > op.spad ? I have a lot of difficulty understanding Manuel
> > Bronstein works.
> >

> Check out section 9.58 of the Axiom book:
>
> 9.58 Operator
> Given any ring R, the ring of the Integer-linear operators
> over R is called Operator(R). To create an operator over R,
> first create a basic operator using the operation operator,
> and then convert it to Operator(R) for the R you want.

Yes I had read that, I just do not see the big picture.

Regards,
Antoine Hersen