Re: [Axiom-developer] choose the better expand

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] choose the better expand
Date: 31 Mar 2006 21:22:08 +0200

Re-hello,

I find how to use retractIfCan(x)@Union(Integer, "failed"),

But I can't detect if the basis ring R is a complex one :
real and imag work in any *.input files, but can't compile even
if I add :

  CTM ==> ComplexTrigonometricManipulations _
             (Integer, Expression Complex Integer)
  R is Complex Integer =>
    imag arg::Expression Complex Integer)@CTM

The type of the variable arg is F inside the manip.spad file,
and I believe that << F = Expression Complex Integer >>
because << R is Complex Integer >> in this case.
But I can't coerce from F to Expression Complex Integer even if they are
equal.

The function imag is in ComplexTrigonometricManipulations...
I see it with )sh... but I can't use it in the *.spad file.

I continue to discover axiom...

Francois