Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling Axiom from arch source on Debian sarge

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling Axiom from arch source on Debian sarge
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:17:13 -0400

> $ make clean
> $ make
>
> Is that enough or are there special files I have to remove by hand
> first?

unfortunately, due to the awk scripts (and a failure of the clean stanza)
this is not enough. you need to removed two awk scripts and all of
the Makefile and Makefile.dvi files in the src directory.

make clean
rm -rf int obj mnt lsp/gcl*
cd src
for i in `find . -name "Makefile"` ; do rm -f $i ; done
for i in `find . -name "Makefile.dvi"` ; do rm -f $i ; done

It is actually easier to just nuke the install and refetch it.

I've been meaning to fix this. I'll try to get it into the --patch-48 release.