Re: [Axiom-developer] Speeding up Aldor domain compilation

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Speeding up Aldor domain compilation
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:47:07 +0200

Hi Antoine,

You are always sooo specific. :-)
There are two compilers for Axiom, but I now assume you mean the Aldor compiler.

On 04/09/2006 06:53 AM, Antoine Hersen wrote:
Hello,

Is there a modification to the compiler argument that will speed up
the compilation for a Domain.

Compilation take over 3 minutes.

The standard command line options include "-O". That is the same as "-Q2". I guess, if you remove that or put "-Q0" that should speed up a bit.

Mostly when compiling the generated lisp code.

There is a way "-C args=..." to pass arguments to the C compiler, but I don't know of a way for the lisp compiler.

Why takes so long is probably also because libaxiom is a big monster with many many interdependencies. But that is a guess.

Ralf