RE: [Axiom-developer] how to install

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] how to install
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:54:53 -0400

On April 10, 2006 1:35 PM Harry wrote:

> From the program that I downloaded and installed the program
> works ok but it is in a Dos prompt gui, which I am ok with but
> not all the operations are kept as the scroll bar does not seem
> to be able to go back to the beginning whether that is to save
> memory I do not know.

Yes, Axiom runs in a "dos box" on Windows. The scrolling is
controlled by Windows and has nothing to do with Axiom.

> When I try to do graphics I get
>       >> System error:
>       SOCK-SEND-INT is invalid as a function.
>
> Protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
>
> Do I need to install another add on package

No. As explained at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

Axiom graphics and hyperdoc are not yet implemented on Windows.

> and also in the tutorial pdf it talks about Texemacs or
> something and a drop down menu but the dos gui I have does
> not, is that meant to be something else I also need to
> install

If you want TeXmacs, then you must install it separately ...
again as explained at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org