[Axiom-developer] star merge and the silver branch

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] star merge and the silver branch
Date: 02 May 2006 23:00:29 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Of course, SVN has some weaknesses (especially not being able to do a
| star-merge), but since you could live with CVS for many years, I am
| sure you can cope with that missing feature anyway.

Hi Ralf,

  Since you have been teasing us about this feature for a long time,
I put a short description of how to work on the Axiom silver branch
with SVK.  See

    http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSilverBranch

SVK has implemented Tom Lord's "star merge" algorithm (I have not
used it myself)

    http://svkbook.elixus.org/nightly/en/svk.ref.svk.c.smerge.html

I do however use SVK frequently (though I'm no expert) and the steps I
put on the wiki are those I followed to set up a working SVK
repository for myself.

Since the wiki has a very first firm idea about which parts of my edits
count as verbatim, the formating is a bit odd in some places
(especially the section on SVK).  Please correct as you go through.
This wiki seems to be more stubborn than others I've met.

suggestions for improvement welcome.
[if you're into using SVK, I recommend version 1.05 or newer]