[Axiom-developer] Re: Issue building silver tree

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Issue building silver tree
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 13:49:42 -0500

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:
> Jay Belanger has identified this problem as due to incorrect
> "recursive copies" in the Axiom Makefile. See:
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-04/msg00161.html
>
> although he did not propose a fix.

Has anybody yet?
I don't know if the double copying is necessary (the relevant copy
commands were in two different makefiles), but the incorrect
recursive copies problem could be taken care of by not making the
copying recursive.  The particular problem that I ran into was copying
a directory and its subdirectories.  The directory was
.../src/scripts, and the only subdirectory was .../src/scripts/tex.
So perhaps the lines
  cp -pr ${SRC}/scripts/* ${MNT}/${SYS}/bin
could be replaced by something like (after making sure any directories
are created)
  cp -p ${SRC}/scripts/* ${MNT}/${SYS}/bin
  cp -p ${SRC}/scripts/tex/* ${MNT}/${SYS}/bin/tex
(and I'm not sure the second line is necessary).  Without the -r, the
hidden directories are ignored.
Of course, what I'm doing now is showing that I don't know much about
the build process.

Jay