[Axiom-developer] RE: Movie upload

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Movie upload
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:39:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Page, Bill" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I created a link on the screencast page but it seems you
> > need a login to actually upload the movies?
> >

> You should *not* create the link first.
>
> Uploading a file is done on the 'edit' screen. To get to the
> edit screen you have to specify your user id and email address
> in the 'preferences' menu.

OK, check.

> See Upload near the bottom of the edit page. Click on 'Browse',
> choose you file, click 'Open', add an explanatory note, click
> 'Save' and the file is upload *and* and link it made near the
> bottom of the page. The link that is created will not have
> exactly the same syntax as those already present on this page.

Ah!

> If you want to change the location of the link and the
> associated text, click 'edit' again and cut-and-paste the
> link where you want it and add the text.

OK, makes sense.  There are actually two files - the html page and the
swf file itself - do I upload those one after the other?

I can see the html page, but it looks like my cruddy flash plugin
dropped the ball again for viewing.  Can y'all see it?

> > Anyway, I've attached the files in question.  Any help
> > appreciated - sorry if this should be obvious to me :-/.
> >

> I'll do it this time ... but next time it's up to you. ;)

Just didn't want to destroy the wiki :-P.  Wonder if I should get a
microphone.  Never tried that in Linux before...

BTY, was anybody else going to make a demo movie of Axiom's graphing
capabilities?

Cheers,
CY