Re: [Axiom-developer] space in ++ description

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] space in ++ description
Date: 17 May 2006 11:10:03 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> No way, however, to help you to produce nice things for hyperdoc.

I think this is not completely true. If you restrict yourself between

\begin{+++}

and

\end{+++}

to the subset of latex commands hyperdoc understands, you do get hyperdoc for
free. The only trouble being that it is not completely clear what hyperdoc does
understand.

In your example I simply guess that the font HyperDoc uses is not really fixed
width. Somehow it seems that spaces differ in size from other letters.

I guess the only way to find out is to grep src/algebra to filter all words
\blabla that are contained in a line that contains ++. However, it seems to me
that the only commands used there are \axiom, \spad, \em, and some
others. Another source is doc/hypertex/pages.

I found that you can use verbatim:

)abbrev package MYTEST MyTest
MyTest() : Exports == Implementation where
  Z ==> Integer
  Exports == with
      myfunc1: Z -> Boolean
      ++ myfunc1(z) computes a wonderful thing.
      ++                  SIDE = 'L'     SIDE = 'R'
      ++  TRANS = 'N':      Q * C          C * Q
      ++  TRANS = 'T':      Q**T * C       C * Q**T
      myfunc2: Z -> Boolean
      ++ myfunc2(z) computes another wonderful thing.
      ++  \begin{verbatim}
      ++   A * P = Q * [ R11 R12 ]
      ++               [ 0   R22 ]
      ++  \end{verbatim}