[Axiom-developer] axiom becomes crazy !

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom becomes crazy !
Date: 28 May 2006 22:43:00 +0200

Hello

Until yesterday I had no problem with 1+2 [return], of corse I get 3.

Today I use axiom in emacs or in a terminal, and I type 1+2 [return] or 1234
I get a fatal error.

I'm sure I do no change in the axiom tree.

I try to erase the ~/.axiom.hist and get the same error.

When I type a [return] I get the right a variable.
But a+a makes an error ! (see bellow)

Can you detect where is my error ?

Francois.

petoncle:/usr/share/emacs/21.4/lisp$ axiom -noht
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                       Version: Axiom (December 2005)
              Timestamp: Tuesday January 17, 2006 at 16:23:31
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) ->
(1) -> 1234

      PositiveInteger

   >> System error:
   Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]

(1) -> a

   (1)  a
                                                             Type: Variable a
(2) -> a+a