Re: [Axiom-developer] semantics of categories

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] semantics of categories
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:41:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fr, 21.07.2006, 13:06, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> Last night I was referring to some problems with categories as first
> class values. I remember that I have read something about it.
>
> http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~bj/paraldor/WWW/docs/discussion/define.pdf

Funny that they would say in the appendix

 Perhaps there is some mind-bending way that domains
 could be constructed as a resul to userinput, but I cannot think of
 one off the top of myhead.

since I guess that this is exactly what we were doing in our version of
combinat -- i.e., the parser I wrote, that takes a string and returns a
combinatorial class.

Martin