Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography - questions to consider

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom bibliography - questions to consider
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:12:33 +0200

Hello Cliff,

a)  Do we want to include annotations as part of the bibliography?

I think yes. But as for you, a .bib file for me is a database format.
Turning it into a .bib.pamphlet does not gain much if the text between the bibentries could also be written inside an annote filed of the bibentry. In a pamphlet file, the latex text between the "code chunks" (bib-entries) would even be less accessible to different views.

Assume I want to have a nice document that annotates references related to some area that I am interested in. Then I think it is better, one starts a program and generates such a document from a database (be it a .bib file or something else). I don't think it makes much sense to write up a fixed view on the bibliographic data as ONE .bib.pamphlet would be.

a)  What do we want to do about the "complete bibliography as a volume"
idea?

I rather think that should be just digitally accessible with links and everything. In book form it only has half the value.

Ralf