[Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:57:06 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:19:50 +0200, Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

On 07/25/2006 07:16 AM, Christian Aistleitner wrote:

stdout << ( A      has CatA) << newline;
stdout << ((A add) has CatA) << newline;

It still does not compile. But it should. Both A and "A add" are domains
of type CatA.

Why should (A add) be of static type CatA? (I assume you meant static
type although has checks the dynamic type, which of course is something
different. The Aldor compiler complains about the static type of "A add".)

If I read Section 7,8 of the AUG
[...]

Sorry. I thought you meant current compiler behaviour.
If you refer to the AUG, (A add) should have CatA. You are right.

However, I hope it will never be implemented that way.

--
Kind regards,
Christian