Re: [Axiom-developer] [Fwd: Your message to Axiom-commit awaits moderato

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [Fwd: Your message to Axiom-commit awaits moderator approval]
Date: 14 Sep 2006 12:45:02 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Hello,
|
| I give up.
|
| I've removed the svn:keywords from all files and svn:eol-style from
| selected files. Of course that involved nearly ALL files of Silver,
| but after the commit went on for more than 45 min (!!! That looks like
| whole files have been transmitted, although I have only changed
| properties.), it tells me the following.
|
| [snip]
| Sending        axiom/zips/noweb.src.Makefile.patch
| Sending        axiom/zips/tla-1.1.tar.gz
| Sending        axiom/zips/vmlisp.lisp.pamphlet.patch
| Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
| svn: MERGE request failed on '/svnroot/axiom/trunk/axiom'
| svn: MERGE of '/svnroot/axiom/trunk/axiom': 500 Internal Server Error
| (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

I've begun to be more and mroe convinced that SF SVN server is not
good for work.  Tim preferred to blame SVN -- but realy, it is a
problem with SF server.  I've seen and done much larger commit with
GCC with svn.

[...]

| The reason it is being held:
|
|     Message body is too big: 255284 bytes with a limit of 200 KB

Give me a break.

I noticed that the server can also truncate commit diffs -- which makes
the whole idea very useful :-(