[Axiom-developer] problems with draw()

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: [Axiom-developer] problems with draw()
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:16:20 +0700 (NOVST)

Hello *,

I've compiled axiom--main--1--patch-50 on a current Gentoo box, and it
works. However, when I say, for example,
draw(sin(x),x=0..10)
I get a window with the title
sin x
centered at the top, axes, and no curve. In the axion session I get
Warning:  could not get the 6x10 font for unitFont

I still have axiom--main--1--patch-49 on the same box. In it, the sine
curve appears; in the axiom session, I get the same warning about the
font.

In both -49 and -50, when I click inside the graphics window, I get the
control panel. When I click the Quit button, nothing happens - the window
does not disappear. If I click it the second time, I get the error
message:

*** glibc detected ***
/home/grozin/axiom--main--1--patch-50/mnt/linux/lib/viewman: free():
invalid pointer: 0x0805209c ***

followed by a backtrace (the graphics window disappears). The same happens
if I close the graphics window by clicking the cross at the top right
corner of the window border to close the graphics window. This happens
with both patch-49 and patch-50.

I have the newest xorg-7.1 X server. I think graphics worked with old
xorg-6.* X servers, but I am not sure about exact versions.

Any ideas?

Andrey