Re: [Axiom-developer] depsys

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] depsys
Date: 16 Oct 2006 18:05:03 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| > (1) it leads to wrong behaviour; this is factual.
|
| But Axiom's been like this for years.

It does not mean it was correct :-)

| What is wrong about the behavior?

I explained the behaviour that you can reproduce.  Try it with depsys,
bootsys.

| > (1) all the settings of that variable I've audited do not seem to agree on
| >     on a single value.  Consequently, it is wrong on semantics
| >     consideration. (Yes, I appreciate the settings are conditional).
|
| What do you believe is the correct setting? And why?

(1) Setting the variable leads to the wrong behaviour I described earlier.
(2) Then, I went to grep for that variable.  The output is that it is
    not set to any coherent value.
(3) commenting its setting leads to a coherent behaviour.

| I'm not saying you are wrong, I just need to understand your reasoning.

I understand that :-)