Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor extend for extending Axiom code

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor extend for extending Axiom code
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:39:10 +0200

The second restriction is more severe. In fact, I think it's a show
stopper. The current signature of Plus is

Plus(
    F: (T: LabelType) -> CombinatorialSpecies(T),
    G: (T: LabelType) -> CombinatorialSpecies(T)
)(L: LabelType): CombinatorialSpecies(L) == add { ... }

Although this compiles and loads well, we get
)sh Plus
 Plus(F: (LabelType -> CombinatorialSpecies T),G: (LabelType ->
 CombinatorialSpecies T))  is a domain constructor
Abbreviation for Plus is PLUS This constructor is exposed in this frame. Issue )edit species.as to see algebra source code for PLUS
------------------------------- Operations --------------------------------
 Plus(F,G) is a domain constructor.
Abbreviation for Plus is PLUS This constructor is exposed in this frame. Issue )edit species.as to see algebra source code for PLUS
------------------------------- Operations --------------------------------

That's it. In fact, we cannot even really try to use it:

(5) -> Plus(SingletonSpecies, SingletonSpecies) IntegerLabel
Although SingletonSpecies is the name of a constructor, a full type must be specified in the context you have used it. Issue )show SingletonSpecies for more information.

depressing.

Well, you are pretty far. Congratulations.

I have a feeling why

Plus(SingletonSpecies, SingletonSpecies) IntegerLabel

does not work. It is probably for the same reason that you cannot put elements of type (T: LabelType) -> CombinatorialSpecies(T) into a list.

Maybe a rewrite with your LabelSpecies and "coerce" would do the job.

But that is ugly!!!

*We desparately need an open aldor compiler that can help the Axiom interpreter.*

Ralf