RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvement renamed files

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvement renamed files
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 05:40:57 -0400

On Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:59 AM Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> Bill Page wrote:
> > Building the build-improvements branch tonight I noticed that the
> > following files still need to be renamed in the repository (svn mv):
> >
> > address@hidden:~/axiom.build-improvements$ hg status src/hyper
> > ! src/hyper/form_ext.pamphlet
> > ! src/hyper/parse_input.pamphlet
> > ! src/hyper/parse_paste.pamphlet
> > ! src/hyper/parse_types.pamphlet
> > ! src/hyper/show_types.pamphlet
> > ? src/hyper/form-ext.pamphlet
> > ? src/hyper/parse-input.pamphlet
> > ? src/hyper/parse-paste.pamphlet
> > ? src/hyper/parse-types.pamphlet
> > ? src/hyper/show-types.pamphlet
> >

> My copy (obtained via svn update from SourceForge) has:
> $ ls axp6/build-improvements/src/hyper/
> addfile.pamphlet              halloc.pamphlet    pages
> bitmaps                       hash.pamphlet      parse-aux.pamphlet
> bitmaps.pamphlet              htadd.pamphlet     parse-input.pamphlet
> ChangeLog                     hterror.pamphlet   parse.pamphlet
> ChangeLog.build-improvements  hthits.pamphlet    parse-paste.pamphlet
> cond.pamphlet                 htinp.pamphlet     parse-types.pamphlet
> debug.pamphlet                hyper.pamphlet     ReadBitmap.pamphlet
> dialog.pamphlet               initx.pamphlet     scrollbar.pamphlet
> display.pamphlet              input.pamphlet     search.pamphlet
> event.pamphlet                item.pamphlet      show-types.pamphlet
> ex2ht.pamphlet                keyin.pamphlet     spadbuf.pamphlet
> extent1.pamphlet              lex.pamphlet       spadint.pamphlet
> extent2.pamphlet              macro.pamphlet     titlebar.pamphlet
> extent.pamphlet               Makefile.in        token.pamphlet
> form-ext.pamphlet             Makefile.pamphlet  viewports
> group.pamphlet                mem.pamphlet
>
> So, I wonder if mercurial (or maybe Tailor) correctly tracks
> file renames.

You are right. I was looking at the Mercurial version of
build-improvements. The commit that changed the file names
was actually processed two days ago, but the Mercurial version
does not reflect these changed names - although it does contain
other changes. In Mercurial I can locally rename these files,
so I think it is a problem with Tailor. :-(