RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:19:01 -0400

On Friday, October 27, 2006 11:05 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> But really, we should be firing up the dvi viewer with the
> literate source. If you really want the source code itself,
> you then just press the middle button in the dvi viewer.

Yes! +1

Ideally the editor that is invoked by the middle button should
include pamphlet/noweb-aware extensions to handle "tangle" and
"run" such as on the Pamphlet pages on the Wiki.

> But for that, we need to have srcltx with Ralf's patch and
> first of all, the pamphlets installed.
>
> It is very strange that only the spad files are installed
> anyway. That's not really encouraging literate programming ...

I agree. We should scrap those old .spad files and replace
them with pamphlet files and the corresponding dvi's. Tim has
suggested this before on several occassions. My understanding
is that he plans (eventually) to provide some pamphlet-aware
options on the )compile and )read commands.