Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom-silverbranch for linux.

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom-silverbranch for linux.
Date: 27 Oct 2006 21:38:28 +0200

Francois Maltey <address@hidden> writes:

| root <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > are you using a bash shell?
|
| Yes I do. Is-it an error ?

No.

The problem is not there.  I think I've seen the error you're urnning
into before.  It has to do with symbolic links working only portably
when given absolute path.  I'm in the process of updating and making
sure my "theory" is right.  But, basically, instead of doing

    lndir ../axiom/silver
    ./configure

you should be doing

    lndir /usr/local/axiom/silver .
    ./configure

from axiom-local.

Please, restart asfresh (e.g. erase directory axiom-local and restart
from there, you don't need to touch the directory "axiom" where you
downloaded Axiom to).