Re: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 02:27:40 +0200

On 10/28/2006 06:22 AM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
To make it what I did, I included my commands in /trunk/axiom/ChangLog (date 2006-09-13 and 2006-09-14). I must have thought that these commands might be useful in the future. ;-)

That should help.

I first tried fully automatic way and in the meantime I read svn textbook.
At the time when I realized that automtic merge is not going to work, I found a way to set parametrs, so I just used it. I used your commands
on '*.daase' files, but I think that may files on your list are in
fact text files.  I corrected all files which were corrupted except for
'libaxiom.al'.

Sure many files *look* like text files, but you have heard Tim saying that

1) a SCM should never change the line ending format
2) some files are random access files. If SVN replaces \n by \r\n at checkout time, they are corrupt, since the byte count at the beginning of the file does not work anymore.

Ralf