[Axiom-developer] RE: [Axiom-mail] Windows: where's the documentation?

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Axiom-mail] Windows: where's the documentation?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:51:01 -0500

On October 31, 2006 4:12 AM Paul vL wrote:

> > On October 29, 2006 3:45 PM Tim Daly wrote:
> > >
> > > There are two books available in the src/doc directory.
> > > One is the original Axiom book and the second is a tutorial.
> > >

> > On Windows that's actually
> >
> >    C:\Program Files\axiom\mnt\windows\doc
> >
> > And there is a link to the Axiom Book in this directory available
> > from the Start menu.
> >

> I know of the Axiom book and the tutorial, but that does not
> contain what I want; an overview of types and a list of functions
> for all types. Everywhere I looked, I was directed to hypertex,
> which is not available on windows.
>
> So let me refrase my initial question: can somebody convert
> the hypertex documentation to a general purpose format which is
> readable on all platforms? Candidate formats are:
> -pdf
> -html
> -info

We once had a draft of such a conversion to simple HTML done by
Kai Kaminski, one of the axiom developers, however the work on
this version of the browser source is not complete. Unfortunately
that doesn't help you immediately, but it should be re-assuring that
it is indeed possible.

> Without this documentation it *REALLY* is impossible for Windows
> users to quickly explore Axiom's functions and make use of them.
> Currently, Windows users can only use what they can find in the
> examples or the book, which is not complete.

Your help and encourage to do this work is much appreciated.