[Axiom-developer] RE: asq online

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: asq online
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:28:22 -0500

On Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:41 PM Tim Daly wrote:

> > You can now look up Axiom domain and category information
> > in a browser. Go to:
> >
> > http://daly.axiom-developer.org/asq.php
> >
> > to see it in operation. fill in the boxes with:
> >
> > property   all
> > search key INT
> >

> > Sorry for the lousy formatting but I'm not an html guru.
> > It should be possible to get the rest into clickable html.
> > I'll work on that later.

> Bill,
>
> This is just a trivial file asq.php in my public directory.
> We could probably move this to the wiki.

Tim, that's pretty neat. Yes we can easily provide this as
a search page on the Axiom wiki. The wiki uses Python and
Zope instead of PHP but in any case this is fairly trivial
to write in either environment.

For installation on a workstation however I think it would be
MUCH better if this was done without PHP. Certainly having
PHP as a prerequisite on Windows is a bit too "heavy". Since
this is supposed to work with Axiom, I think a better choice
would be a simple Lisp script. Camm provided a while back
(maybe a year ago?) about 10 lines of Lisp code that implements
a simple web server. This could be implemented in Axiom as a
command such as:

  )browse )port 80 )start firefox

which would automatically start a web browser and run the web
server script.