RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sock_get_string_buf

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sock_get_string_buf
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:15:06 -0500

On November 2, 2006 11:09 AM I wrote:

> > > ./configure --enable-locbfd --disable-statsysbfd
> > >
> > > These should be the default of MAC OSX
> >
> > Actually that fails also with the same output.
> >

> ???
>
> Are you double sure of this?

By that I mean, did you scrap the previous gcl directory 'rm -rf *'
and start completely fresh? I've seem a few case where gcl does
not cleanup very well. (Sorry, I didn't document at the time.)

> Your result doesn't make sense because gcl internally builds
> it's own version of gettext as part of the bfd build and finds
> msgfmt there *internally*. This works for me on the MAC OSX
> that I have been using.

Note also that Camm committed new changes to gcl-2.6.8pre
just this morning that could affect this behaviour.