Re: [Axiom-developer] Asq rewritten

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Asq rewritten
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:10:37 +0100

I think I have to reply to Martin's mail.

I don't have experience with the database, but slightly different from what Martin wants, my intensions would go into another direction (which are as a first approximation completely independent of ALLPROSE).

The Aldor compiler puts the ++ comments into the .ao files. Using

aldor -fasy file.ao

one basically gets all the information that is relevant, ie, code and ++ comments at the right place. Furthermore if one includes

  -lalgebra -laldor

on the above command line, the compiler extracts exports from the libraries and puts them into some place of domains in file.ao. That would give a list of *all* the exports of a domain/category in file.ao.

Anyway, an .asy file basically is a LISP file, if I am not completely wrong. So for a LISP expert that should be not too difficult to make sense of it.

My current plans (no time for actually writing some code) would be to take that .asy file and produce a .tex file which could be compiled into .html via tex4ht. Actually, I go only via .tex because ALLPROSE uses the convention to write a LaTeX-like syntax into the ++ comments.

Actually, ALLPROSE already contains the API, but not in an API-only form. And I would very much like that one could fold and unfold the *complete* list of exports of a domain and to have references from categories to domains that use that category.

Ralf