[Axiom-developer] RE: Tests of sage.

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Tests of sage.
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:25:18 -0500

Francois,

Thank you for testing this.

I have been able to reproduce this problem. The same thing
happens to me. I am looking into the problem and I will let
you know a solution soon.

On January 31, 2007 9:31 AM Francois Maltey wrote:

> Many thanks for your pretty mail, Bill :
>
> > Please see the examples at:
> >
> > http://sage-notebook.axiom-developer.org/axiom
> >
> > I would be happy to answer any questions you have.
>
> So I download sage (a 130 MB file), untar and make the system.

What version of Sage did you download? As far as I can see the
most recent version of Sage (version 2.0) is "only" about 88 Mb.

http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/dist/src/index.html

or

http://sage.scipy.org/sage/dist/src/index.html

I just finished downloading, untar and make of Sage-2.0 on a
OpenSuSE 10.2 linux system.

> As root I add axiom binary in the $PATH,
> and add also the main sage directory in the $PATH.
>
> I can run axiom -nox -nocle in a root-xterm.

On my system I have Axiom built from a recent version of the
build-improvements branch.

> As root I can run sage everywhere
> run install_scripts('/usr/local/bin') in sage,
> and lauch notebook()
>
> In x11 I open http://localhost:8000 with firefox.
> I get the screen of the sage system.
> I can type commands in bluebox.
>
> But I almost never obtain any results.

Make sure to press Shift+Enter to execute the contents of
the bluebox.

> Neither without system when I test 2*3
> neither for axiom when I type in two lines %axiom \\ 2+3.

I have very similar problems. But if I only enter Sage
commands, everything seems to work. If I try Axiom commands
then it fails. I see an error traceback in the Sage session
log. These same commands work properly on the Sage server
which is apparently running the same version of Sage but a
different version of Axiom.

> Return adds a break-line.

Use Shift+Enter to execute a cell.

> Evaluate rerun the session but result remains green box.
>
> What I forget ?

I think you are doing everything correct. There seems to be
some problem with Sage and/or Axiom. I recall that I had some
problem with readline when I first tested this and I am quite
sure that the 'axiom4sage-0.1.spkg' that is used on the Sage
server was built using gcl with readline disabled. I will
check this and get back to you.

----