[Axiom-developer] build-improvements without external noweb: is it suppo

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements without external noweb: is it supposed to work?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:56:49 +0600 (NOVT)

Hello *,

I've just checked out build-improvements, ./configured it and started make:

address@hidden ~/build-improvements $ make
Making in noweb
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/grozin/build-improvements/noweb/src'
cd c; make "CC=gcc -ansi -pedantic" "CFLAGS=" all
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/grozin/build-improvements/noweb/src/c'
notangle -Rheader errors.nw > errors.h
/bin/sh: notangle: command not found
make[2]: *** [errors.h] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/grozin/build-improvements/noweb/src/c'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/grozin/build-improvements/noweb/src'
make: *** [build/i686-pc-linux/bin/notangle] Error 2

I'll install noweb and try again. I just wonder: there is directory noweb, and, if external noweb is not found, it should be build? Or am I wrong?

While I'm at it, one more question. I have gcl 2.6.7 installed. It is in ansi mode (I need it for maxima). Will build-improvements build gcl in traditional mode from the sources in the gcl directory? Or it will simply fail? I'll see shortly, I just want to ask what it is supposed to do.

By the way, I use Gentoo current (very current, updated today :-). Build-improvements seems the best bet for constructing a reasonable ebuild, because it is distro-packager friendly. What do you think, is this branch ready for packaging? (I mean not the main portage tree, but an experimental overlay.) If not, when will it be ready for such wider testing by the Gentoo community?

Andrey