Re: TR: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)

From: C Y
Subject: Re: TR: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:20:27 -0800 (PST)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> | There are, already, a lot of versions of Axiom (gold, silver,
> | build-improvements, wh-sandbox...), I do not want to add yet
> | another one. Don't know how this has to be handled.
>
> The more the merrier.

At this point, I'd say with everyone exploring and testing at a very
basic level the only thing to do is to keep a list as best we can.
Eventually things will probably come together as the best solutions
appear, but for a while it's going to be a bit crazy.

The requirement to document code in a literate fashion means the hurdle
to get code in the main tree is high, and that means a lot of
experimental branches will spring up as people do "not ready for prime
time" work.  In some ways this might actually keep people from assuming
Axiom is ready for uses it isn't really ready for, so it's not all bad.

Cheers,
CY

P.S. - is http://weitz.de/cl-fad/ of interest for the path issues?  For
sockets http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/ might be of interest.