Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:11:15 -0800 (PST)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> I support Martin. It is really annoying that I have to add %$ after
> the end of a code chunk if the code chunk contained an odd number of
> $'s. That only happens in XEmacs. but Martin has similar problems
> with the double quotes although they seem to be paired correctly.

I think it's basically that the coloring function for Emacs's syntax
highlighting doesn't skip chunks in mmm-mode when deciding how to
highlight things.  That's what would need to be fixed, and it may be
rather non-trivial (but worthwhile) to fix it.  I have a feeling it may
wind up being the case that mmm-mode serves as a guide for a new
literate programming mode, rather than being a fix to mmm-mode - we
will see.  My major concern is that that behavior of Emacs's syntax
highlighting is not user configurable at all, but I don't know enough
to say.

> If you or some other on this mailing list could find the bug in
> mmm-mode that would really be wonderful. Martin and me could
> probably put together a demonstration file for this syntax-
> highlighting problem.

I've seen it before on the $ symbol, in Emacs.  I'll have a look and
see what can be done, but it may be a slow process.

Cheers,
CY

Need Mail bonding?